Everyone wants a quick fix, the magic pill to help them lose weight…..well sorry to tell you the ONLY thing that works is eating healthy and exercising. So here are 5 EASY things you can do today to start losing weight.
1. Drink water. Water fills you up (so you feel less hungry) plus it makes your skin glow. If you don’t like drinking water add lemon, lime or orange slices to flavor the water.
2. Eat on smaller plates. Most of us put our meal on HUGE plates and think we have to fill the plate up. If you do this you could be eating 3-4 times the serving sizes you should be. To start eating smaller amounts of food, eat on smaller plates-even if you fill it up it won’t be as much as on a HUGE plate.
3. Incorporate protein and fiber at every snack and meal. Protein and fiber help you lose weight and typically is less calories per serving then starchy carbs (like crackers, chips, cookies)
4. Go for a walk. After supper take a family walk or over lunch break head outside with a co-worker to get in your walk for the day.
5. Start small. Try incorporating 1 or 2 of these tips into your week. The next week incorporate 1 or 2 more tips. Don’t try to change everything in 1 day. If you do that you are setting yourself up for failure. Take small steps and enjoy the journey.
I would love to hear your weight-loss tips. Share them with us at www.facebook.com/personaltrainingwithlisa
If you have any questions, please let me know. I am here to help you on your weight-loss journey!