We all get them………..the dreaded nighttime munchies. No matter what you reach for-cookies, chips, or bread it’s adding unwanted calories to your diet. These 5 tips will help you from giving in to your nighttime munchies.
1. Drink tea or water. A majority of the time when you are feeling hungry at night, your body really isn’t hungry, it’s thirsty or you are bored. So if you feel hungry drink some water or tea then see how you feel before you reach for food.
2. Exercise-burn off some calories by doing yoga, Pilates or whatever your favorite exercise is
3. Go to bed. If it is close to bedtime when you get the munchies, just go to bed. Your body will thank you for the extra rest!
4. Get a hobby. A majority of the time when we think we are hungry at night it’s because we are bored so get a hobby. Try something new like knitting (you can’t eat when you have yarn wrapped around your hands!), read a great book, learn a new language, paint…etc
5. Paint your nails………you can’t eat when your nails are wet!!
Try them all and then let us know which one works best for you!
If you want more health/fitness tips Like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/personaltrainingwithlisa or at www.personaltrainingwithlisa.com