Don’t bring home extra baggage

July 11th, 2013 Posted in exercise, fitness, health, nutrition, personal training

Summer vacations bring to mind beaches, road trips, greasy food…..etc.  We all work so hard to get into swimsuit shape for our summer vacations so don’t wreak it on your next road trip.

Here are 5 simple tips you can do on your road trip so you don’t bring home extra baggage!

1.  Try to stay at a hotel that has a gym.  If yours doesn’t you can climb the stairs or walk outside.  Use the furniture in your room as equipment.  Do tricep dips from the coffee table and step ups on a low bench.

2.  Do body weight exercises-squats, lunges, sit-ups, push-ups, planks and mountain climbers can all be done where ever you are.

3. Find a fun activity to do on vacation.  Go for a hike, rent a bike and explore the island, take a walking tour of the city, take a surfing or paddleboarding lesson.

4.  Pack snacks- almonds, bananas, peanut butter, cheese sticks all pack well for a road trip and will help curb your urge to splurge.  If you have to eat something from a convience store, yogurt or dry-roasted nuts are a good choice

5. You can still indulge while on vacation.  Try to eat healthy 80% of the time.  The other 20% enjoy your splurge.  Typically, it is easier to eat healthy in the morning, so start your day with  eggs and whole wheat toast or oatmeal with fruit.

Enjoy your vacation!!

 

You can find more health/fitness tips at www.facebook.com/personaltrainingwithlisa or at www.twitter.com/ptwithlisa

 

 

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,



Leave a Reply