Pretty soon we will start seeing more fruits and veggies at the local farmer’s market!! There are so many reasons to buy local, the best one is the taste. The veggies and fruit taste so much better when they are in season, picked fresh that morning for you to enjoy at the dinner table that night.
Here is a list of the BEST foods to buy at your local farmer’s market:
1. Tomatoes-they taste so much better then the bland ones from the supermarket
2. Carrots-at Farmer’s market you can find them in a rainbow of colors. I dare you to try the purple carrots.
3. Berries-you can also try to pick them yourself…….it’s a fun family outing
4. Onions-less US farmers are growing onions, so help them out and buy local
5. Asparagus-buy local it has less pesticides on it then the asparagus that is imported from Peru and at your local grocery store
6. Peaches-they only taste good when in season!
7. Anything Organic-make sure it is labeled USDA Organic
8. Grass-fed beef and dairy- it tastes so much better and is better for you
Get out there and enjoy your local farmer’s produce!!
Want more health and fitness tips? Join Lisa at www.facebook.com/personaltrainingwithlisa
Tweet? Find Lisa @ptwithlisa
Lisa’s pt website www.ptwithlisa.trainerize.com